Saturday, June 13, 2009

Son of Citation Machine 5.0 / Warlick Video

  • Here's the latest edition of the very popular Son of Citation Machine from David Warlick. It handles MLA, APA, Turabian and Chicago. I've included a video from David so you can learn about from the source!

  • Video tutorial by David Warlick on Citation Machine 5.0



This is a promising and well designed online citation system from the Hekman Library at Calvin University in Michigan. It does an excellent job with MLA, APA, and Chicago citation styles. Includes customized forms for Multimedia, Anthology, Periodical, Communications, and Online Only. First Rate!

Posted from Diigo. The rest of Information Fluency group favorite links are here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me first say, I don't think I would have made through college this far without the Citation Machine. It is AWESOME! I didn't realize how much I am dependent on it until it was down one day, while I was in the middle of typing a paper. I felt completely lost. You know, like that feeling you get when your watch is broken or the battery is dead. Well, when I saw that there was a newer version (5.0) coming out, I was anxious to try it out; however, every time I try to click on wherever it says "Son of Citation Machine 5.0," the old 4.0 comes up, which is identical to the one I have always used and nothing like the one in the video. Do you have any advice as to how I can access the new 5.0 version?

wiredinstructor said...

Great Question Loree, All of the searching I do for Citation Machine 5.0 leads back to this url: http://citationmachine.net/index2.php

This one appears to have 4.0 in the upper right corner. I'm not sure what's up with this.

Try Warlicks Blog: http://citationmachine.blogspot.com/ Post your question for David, perhaps he has the answer. (Sorry to pass you along, but I'm stumped too. ~ Dennis

Anonymous said...

Okay, Wiredinstructor, thanks for your reply. I'll give your advice a try. :) I'll post again if I have any luck in the future.